Saturday, April 11, 2009

It Costs How Much??


So let me start off by saying, I can't stand to be taken advantage of. Honesty is key!

When we were in Florida for Spring Training and looking for a place to stay for the month and a half that we would be there, we met this lady who also had a residence here in Ky that she said she would have available for the time that we would be here for the season. She offered it to us for $2400 (which there is no way that we would pay) and said that it was a 3 bedroom, furnished apt in downtown Louisville. Obviously, if we did take something like this, we would need roommates to split the rent. But, that wasn't the way we wanted to go.

Anyway, she said if we were interested to let her know.

Talking to one of the other wives, we found out she offered it to them for $1800.

I wasn't at all happy about this. I was rather ticked!

Come to find out, the owner had offered it to 3 other people all for 3 different prices ranging from $1100-$1500. Why was is offered to us for so much more you ask? That reason is what ticks me off the most.

It was offered to us for so much because we mentioned we were with the Cincinnati Reds for Spring Training and by that she assumed that we were loaded and could afford anything.

This is not the case.

I'm so glad that I didn't recommend this place to someone else. Hopefully I have saved someone else from being taken advantage of.

2 comments:

Mama Fish said...

Unbelievable.... what a ridiculous price!

Also, your blogging is definitely making me look bad! I need to update my blogs!

The Bolivars said...

Yes you're slacking! I miss reading your updates!! lol