
I figured this was a great time to sit down and update our blog. Tonight is a "chill" night for the girls and I. Luis has been invited to travel with the Reds to Tampa for the Reds vs Yankees game tonight. Luis also played in the Reds vs Boston Red Sox game on Wednesday. The game was here in Sarasota and the girls and I went. The game was a 1:05pm start time and it was so terribly hot. Our seats were in the sun, but we didn't sit in them. We headed for shaded seats towards the top of our section only to be moved 2 innings later. The game was a sell out and there were no other seats that were out of the sun. So, we went to the truck and hung out there. It was close enough that we could go back in once Luis was put in. We sat and waited to hear his name announced. One of the other wives was nice enough to run over and let me know once he was in. We made it in the stadium just in time to see his hit and 2 innings of defense. I was relieved that we made it in time. He was 1 for 2 in the game.
We are very thankful for all the invitations that Luis has been given since being cut from Big League camp. Tonight's game is the 4th that he has been invited to.
There are 8 days to go until the end of Spring Training. No rosters have been set yet. Usually they are not up until a few days before Spring Trainings end. I have been scoping out the apartment situation and trying to be prepared as much as possible for the up coming season. But, it's not easy. I know I've blogged about all the hassles with that, so I won't even go into it. I am so ready to start the season. I think I've had enough of the Florida sun. I have had 2 sunburns to prove it.
I'm off to enjoy the sunset while I still can. The view from our room is beautiful. This is one things I wish I could take with us when we leave.



No comments:
Post a Comment