Sunday, March 9, 2008

A Fairytale Begining....




I am the luckiest gal in the world. The story of how my husband and I met is like a fairytale. Here is how it all began...


I had won tickets to a game in my hometown of Dayton, Ohio. There is a team there that is in the Cincinnati Reds organization. The Dayton Dragons. Luis was on the team there in 2003. The tickets I had won were behind the Dragons dugout about 4 rows back. Within perfect "scoping" distance if ya know what I mean!! Anyway, Luis wasn't playing that day and he was standing and watching the game from the dugout. About 4 innings into the game, I notice this player waving at me and trying to get someones attention. I payed no attention to him, thinking there was no way possible that he was talking to me. Over the next few innings I notice him again still trying to get someones attention. So, finally I wave and say " Are you talking to me?" "YES!" He says. I was so surprised that he was actually talking to me. He motioned to me to come down after the game so we could talk. And I'm so glad that he did. I thought he was the cutest!! He was so nice and polite.


I gave him a ride home to his apartment that night and we sat outside and talked for like 4 hrs. He got me tickets to the next game, and the next game and the next game after that.


About 2 months after we met, Luis was sent to another team in Billings, Montana. I thought that it was over and a part of me thought that I would never see him again. But, he invited me out and I went and visited him for a week. It was then that he told me that he never wanted to be without me again. And he asked me to marry him! That was in August of 2003 and we were married on March 20Th of 2004 during Spring Training. We had a beach wedding at sunset. And it was beautiful and perfect.


Our 4 year wedding anniversary is coming up in 11 days. I can't believe how far we have come already.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow...what a story for the grandkids!! How romantic!! I'm so happy for your happiness!! I'll be checking back to read your blog, keep it up!! =)