Ok, so I thought this was great! I wish I could take credit for it, but I can't. I found this through another blog I read and she found it through a blog that she reads. I have no idea where it origionated from. But, I'm passing it on. Enjoy!
On the 8th day God created Baseball
On the 8th day, God looked down from his heavenly perched and he pondered.
He was pleased with his creation but they needed something.
"My people need a place to gather on chilly spring evenings
and hot summer afternoons."
He cast his gaze far and wide and looking down upon the vast open
spaces he declared that those created in his image needed a game.
And that game was to be Baseball.
He gathered the matter of the universe into his hand and
casting it far and wide he created The American League.
He spoke to the chosen ones and declared
"These teams will be scattered across the country side and
they shall be known as Red Sox and Yankees,
White Sox and Twins.
There will be Angels and Indians and Tigers.
Orioles, Royals, and Athletics.
Mariners, Rays, Rangers and Blue Jays."
God looked down on his creation and he was pleased.
But he was also troubled.
Come the balmy days of fall, what would his people do?
He thought and said
"These warriors need a might foe to do battle against,
so I will create the National League."
Again he scattered a handful of matter across the countryside
and in a might voice proclaimed
"They shall be known as Diamondbacks, Braves, Cubs and Reds.
Rockies and Marlins. Astros and Dodgers.
Braves, Mets, Phillies and Pirates.
Giants, Cardinals, Padres and Nationals shall be their names."
He was pleased with what he saw.
A voiced called out from his creation and asked
"But what shall we play with?"
God saw the wisdom in this question.
Looking about he saw the fallen mighty oak
and taking it up in his hands he fashioned and shaped,
turned and smoothed.
And raising the object up over his head he declared
"I give you the Bat!"
They all saw it and it was good.
God saw that they would need more then that
and in his ultimate wisdom he created two more objects and
holding them up for all to see he told the assembled masses
"I give you a glove and a ball."
He marked upon the foreheads of his heavenly warriors
a symbol so that the different tribes could be identified.
He then sent them forth with their own group of residents from the garden.
He called each group "Fans" and instructed them to be
loyal and faithful to their chosen band.
The mighty warriors and their fans did battle throughout
the spring and long summer.
And come the windy days of fall the mightiest of each band -
one from the American League and one from the National League -
met for the final competition with the winner taking back to their
fans the greatest prize of all.
The World Series Trophy.
For God understood the need to have a symbol of a team's greatness.
God then looked down on his creation and he smiled.
His work on the 8th day was complete, save for one announcement.
In a booming voice that could be heard from one end
of this vast land to the other,
God looked out over the assembled masses and declared
"Play Ball."
Saturday, February 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Hey girl!
I'm here following your blog now. I look forward to reading about the baseball adventures.
My brother-in-law plays baseball too! He is with the Kansas City Royals organization.
Hey Leah!
Thanks for taking the time to come and read our blog! I have been reading yours too. I'll have to look your brother in law up ans see if they will play eachother at all. That would be cool!
Kelly
Post a Comment